Tumblr is among those social networks platforms that everyone has become aware of, but couple of understand anything about.
While numerous may not understand precisely what it is, Tumblr is one of the most popular blogging platforms. You need to take a look at the platform if you have not become aware of it previously.
Concerning individual branding, Tumblr uses some distinct advantages to blog writers and services alike.
For instance, the platform can assist display their imagination or construct an audience through quality material and modification options.
In this article, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and take a look at the top features and advantages of using Tumblr, from writing tutorials to developing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing images, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site likewise has a “Responses” feature, which allows users to express their feelings about something published on the site.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely personalized. Brands can customize their style, design, colors, fonts, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and develop custom RSS feeds based on their interests.
Creating an account on Tumblr is free-and-easy to set up. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the alternative to follow you. There are no private profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can develop different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has become more popular with its totally free mobile app, abundant API, custom-made design tools, and vibrant community.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr started in 2007 as a blogging platform that enabled users to share photos, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service got popularity after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took control of ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership transferred once again to Automattic, a moms and dad business of WordPress that retains ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 workers at Tumblr.
- Out of their employees, 57% are females.
- Most employees who operate at Tumblr stick with the company for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of stars and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform does not use the very same blue check validated sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The annual revenue for Tumblr is in between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- Individuals can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Although they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the 3rd most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the third most popular blogging platform on the internet entirely.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to begin posting.
- The trending topics on Tumblr are diverse, similar to any other website, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Relating to interest classifications, most people talk about computer game, consoles, and devices. They likewise discuss computers, electronics, news, and subjects concerning universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s top competitors include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are numerous ad chances on Tumblr, including native advertisement experiences and customized opportunities.
- Tumblr is an independently owned business.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users mentioned that they were pleased by the performance of Tumblr. The top 2 rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client complete satisfaction rating.
- Tumblr has 135 million regular monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million gos to in Might.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everyone to share its views specifying, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the capability to publish day-to-day blog sites, Tumblr also offers a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things take place in real-time.
- Many people (69%) utilize Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% use the platform on the web.
- In a current study, when social media networks were ranked by brand name awareness in the U.S., 58% of people recognized the platform.
- The top amount of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the UK and Canada users on the web at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult content on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge specifies that “The important things that happen on Tumblr are absolutely distinct to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million everyday posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for top Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% determine as female, and 58.59% identify as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost material.
- You can develop customized HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is likewise a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to modify or erase several posts at the same time.
- Users can easily add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard shortcut options that make it much easier to develop posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s top competitors consist of Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts produced every second on Tumblr.
- Relating to traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- On average, users go to 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online neighborhood where anybody can develop compelling and special content.
As you can see, it is likewise extremely customizable, allowing users and brand names to produce their perfect profiles. It’s also a terrific space to find and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are nearly endless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth having a look at to see if it’s right for your brand.
If you’re aiming to integrate more blogging alternatives and are thinking about incorporating Tumblr, have a look at this post.
Included Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel